The laboratory is dedicated to analysis of light stable isotopes from any matrix, including compound-specific analysis of organic mixtures.
Isotope ratio mass spectroscopy (IRMS) – Finnigan MAT 253 (ThermoFisher Scientific)
- Gas source mass spektrometer for light stable isotopes of C, N, O, S, Si, Ar, Cl, Kr, Xe up to m/z 150, 2 collectors for HD, 9 collectors with dispersion 450mm for CO2, N2/CO, O2, SF6, SiF4, SO2
- Universal continous-flow interface
Elemental analysis of H, C, N, O, S
- Decomposition and quantitative analysis of H, C, N, O, S by pyrolysis or combustion
- Online output into IRMS, attachable autosampler
- Isothermic gas chromatograph with multiport valve for repeated sample input into IRMS,
- Automatized preparation unit for carbonates with cryofocusing loop and attachable autosampler
- Gas chromatograph for separation of organic mixtures with programmable temperature regime up to 450°C, gradient up to 120°C/min, pressure range 0-1000 kPa, with up to 8 ramps, attachable autosampler.
- Online output into 1.) IRMS for compound-specific isotope analysis, 2.) ITQ for molecular identification.
- ITQ – organic mass spectrometer with ion trap quadrupole for and quantitative molecular analysis in mass range 10-1100 dalton, full scan MS or MSn (max. n=5), automated collision energy with choice of parallel collision energies.
- Infrared laser fusion for microextraction of O2, SiF4, SF6, CF4, CO2 from any matrix for isotope analysis using CO2 laser (λ=10064 nm), samples cca 1 mg
- Ultraviolet laser photoablation for in-situ microextraction of O2, SiF4, SF6, CF4, CO2 from any matrix for isotope analysis using excimer laser (λ=193 nm), spot-size ~ X0 μm
Vacuum purification line, online output into IRMS