|Workplace:||Bratislava, Dúbravská cesta 9|
|Phone:||+421 2 5941 0612|
- space geophysics
- geophysical fluid dynamics
The research in the field of space geophysics is focused on short-term forecast models for disturbed geomagnetic activity driven by solar energetic events, using advanced statistical methods (artificial neural networks). This kind of research concerns the space weather topic, with practical applications in the area of energetics, aviation and navigation systems.
The research in the field of geophysical fluid mechanics is related with theoretical geophysics and uses the methods of applied mathematics (the asymptotic methods for solution of partial differential equations). The aim of this research is to understand the nonlinear dynamics of convection, namely the formation and interaction of various types of instabilities in the Earth’s interior.
|2002||Philosophiae doctor (PhD.) in geophysics – Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics,
Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
|Dissertation thesis: Amplitude equations for oscillation instabilities in the problems of rotating convection with magnetic field (in Slovak)|
|1996||Master degree (Mgr.) in geophysics – Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics,
Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
|Diploma thesis: Rotating magnetoconvection influenced by the modified Taylor’s constraint (Application of perturbation methods) (in Slovak)|
|1991||Completed secondary education – Gymnázium J.G. Tajovského, B. Bystrica, Slovakia|
|since 2006||Research associate at the Geophysical Institute of SAS (at present: the Earth Science Institute of SAS)|
|1999–2006||Research associate at the Institute of Applied Mathematics, FMPI CU|
|1996–1999||Doctoral student at the Department of Geophysics, FMPI CU|
|Oct 1998 – Dec 1998||University of Exeter, UK – study stay|
|Oct 2002 – March 2003||University of Nottingham, UK – post-doctoral stay|
|Nov 2003 – Oct 2004||University of Nottingham, UK – post-doctoral stay (scholarship awarded by the Royal Society)|
Memberships in scientific organizations:
National Committee SCOSTEP (Scientific Committee on Solar-Terrestrial Physics) – Chair and National Representative
National Committee COSPAR (Committee on Space Research) – Secretary
- VALACH, Fridrich – HEJDA, Pavel – REVALLO, Miloš – BOCHNÍČEK, Josef – VÁCZYOVÁ, Magdaléna. Testing the interactive computer method (IM) for producting K indices with the data of the Hurbanovo and Budkov magnetic observatories. In Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, 2016, vol. 147, no. 1, p. 90-97. (1.463 – IF2015). ISSN 1364-6826.
- VALACH, Fridrich – VÁCZYOVÁ, Magdaléna – REVALLO, Miloš. Producing K indices by the intensive method based on the traditional hand-scaling methodology – preliminary results. In Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, 2016, vol. 137, no. 1, p. 10-16. (1.463 – IF2015). ISSN 1364-6826.
- REVALLO, Miloš – VALACH, Fridrich – HEJDA, Pavel – BOCHNÍČEK, Josef. A neural network Dst index model driven by input time histories of the solar wind-magnetosphere interaction. In Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, 2014, vol. 110-111, no. 1, p. 9-14. (1.751 – IF2013). (2014 – Current Contents). ISSN 1364-6826.
- VALACH, Fridrich – BOCHNÍČEK, Josef – HEJDA, Pavel – REVALLO, Miloš. Strong geomagnetic activity forecast by neural networks under dominant southern orientation of the interplanetary magnetic field. In Advances in Space Research, 2014, vol. 53, p. 589-598. (1.238 – IF2013). (2014 – Current Contents, SCOPUS, NASA ADS). ISSN 0273-1177.
- VALACH, Fridrich – REVALLO, Miloš – HEJDA, Pavel – BOCHNÍČEK, Josef. Predictions of SEP events by means of a linear filter and layer-recurrent neural network. In Acta Astronautica, 2011, vol. 69, issue 9-10, p. 758-766. (0.609 – IF2010). (2011 – Current Contents). ISSN 0094-5765.
- VALACH, Fridrich – REVALLO, Miloš – BOCHNÍČEK, Josef – HEJDA, Pavel. Solar energetic particle flux enhancement as a predictor of geomagnetic activity in a neural network-based model. In Space Weather-The International Journal of Research and Applications, 2009, vol. 7, no. 4, p. 1-7. (1.432 – IF2008). (2009 – Current Contents, CC).
- PLEVKOVÁ, Jana – KOLLÁRIK, Marian V. – BROZMANOVÁ, M. – REVALLO, Miloš – VARECHOVA, Silvia – TATAR, Miloš. Modulation of experimentally-induced cough by stimulation of nasal mucosa in cats and guinea pigs. In Respiratory Physiology & Neurobiology, 2004, vol. 142 no. 2-3, p. 225-235.
- REVALLO, Miloš – ŠEVČOVIČ, Daniel. On the Ginzburg-Landau system of complex modulation equations for a rotating annulus with radial magnetic field. In Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, 2002, vol. 1614, no. 1-2, p. 116-128. (1.616 – IF2001). (2002 – Current Contents, CC). ISSN 0167-2789.
- REVALLO, Miloš – ŠEVČOVIČ, Daniel – ŠEVČÍK, Sebastián – BRESTENSKÝ, Jozef. Viscously controlled nonlinear magnetoconvection in a non-uniformly stratified horizontal fluid layer. In Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, 1999, vol. 111, no. 1-2, p. 83-92. ISSN 0031-9201.