Centre of excellence for integrated research of the Earth's geosphere (ITMS 26220120064)
Strategic objective of the project is appreciated in the support of the excellence integrated research of the Earth’s geosphere with accent on the development of the required infrastructure, international cooperation and education. The realization of the project strikingly contributed to improvement of the laboratory equipment of the research institutions in Banská Bystrica and Košice regions (Earth Science Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences – branch Banská Bystrica, Institute of Geotechnics, Slovak Academy of Sciences Kočice and Technical University in Zvolen), which will result in a higher quality of the scientific output and potential in participation in international research projects. The integrated research has been realized in four main activities:
Earth Science Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences.
- Analysis of the global changes and their impacts to ecosystems and biodiversity of the Earth (documentation and dating of global changes, analysis of fossil ecosystems, identification of evolutionary changes in biodiversity, reconstruction of climatic history of the Earth, identification of sudden catastrophic events).
- Research of crustal-forming processes and geodynamic conditions of the Earth (geochemical and petrogenetic conditions of lithosphere formation, terrane geology, orogenic structure and paleogeographic evolution of the Western Carpathians).
- Laboratory of isotope and organic geochemistry
- Laboratory of vibrational spectroscopy
- Laboratory of X-ray diffraction analysis of materials
- Laboratory of geofluids and microthermometry
- Laboratory of cathodoluminiscence spectroscopy
- Laboratory of electron microanalysis (EDS)
- Laboratory of micropaleontology and stratigraphy
- Laboratory of paleolimnology
Partner 1. Institute of Geotechnics, Slovak Academy of Sciences Košice:
- The study of the biogeochemical processes and environmental aspects of the protection of the mining landscape
- Laboratory of geomicrobiology
- Laboratory of bioclimatology
Partner 2. Technical University in Zvolen:
- The study of the mater-energetic flows in the upper part of the geosphere
Laboratory of pedology